Achieving our Aims and Objectives
The OSSG achieves our aims and objectives by
- Providing education and exercise programmes run by specialist physiotherapists for all interested people regardless of physical fitness.
- Providing ongoing weekly exercises classes.
- Providing second monthly lecture and information sessions conducted by specialists in various fields related to Osteoporosis and general well-being including such topics as treatment of Osteoporosis, balance, HRT etc.
- Providing second monthly newsletters covering current issues related to Osteoporosis, new developments in treatment, latest research findings and news of forthcoming events for members of the OSSG.
- Providing seminars for General Practitioners and the general public on osteoporosis.
- Providing social activities for members of the OSSG.
- Providing a phone in support service.
- Providing psychological support.
- Providing social support such as hospital visits, get well cards and the like.
- Taking part in state, national and international osteoporosis events such as National Healthy Bones Week, International Year of the Elderly, World Osteoporosis Day, Senior Citizen's Week and many more.